So long, farewell...

Today, the 'P' family parents return from their trip to Ethiopia and it's time to send our contingent of 'P' children home. It's been a great two weeks. Thankfully we had no major problems or emergencies, and everyone has gotten along together very well. (I am particularly happy about this, since sometimes when really good friends share spaces, like bedrooms, for a while, things can go awry.) The house will feel a little empty and a little too quiet for the next few days as we readjust to being just our usual 9 people.

The 'P' family parents' trip seems to have gone well. They were able to spend quite a bit of time getting to know their new children. It sounds as though the first meeting went quite well after that initial awkwardness that always happens. Now comes the hard part...waiting for all the right courts and government agencies to do their jobs so the children can come home and start life in their new family. If all goes according to plan, that will be happening in May.

So, there is much packing and cleaning and searching for lost items going on right now. I have developed a head cold, which combined with how I was already feeling from this pregnancy, means my role involves me sitting in a chair and directing the chaos swirling around me. I so hope I feel better by tomorrow since I'm supposed to go do the three hour fasting glucose test. And the worst of it? I'm bookless! Currently I don't have a book that I'm dying to read, getting to the library doesn't look promising, and what the heck am I going to do for three hours in a hospital waiting room?!?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach