Friday bullets - April 9, 2021

It has felt like a very busy week, mainly because we started back to school. 
  • P. comes home at the end of next week. It will be very good to see her.
  • The child who struggled so much with math yesterday was able to complete the assignment today with very little difficulty. I can't imagine trying to teach children where I didn't have the ability to so closely gauge their emotional state and or to set work aside for a day (or more) when needed. We also had a little lesson in self-regulation and knowing when your body was feeling anxiety. The child was amazed I could tell just by looking at them that they were feeling anxious. I'm magic like that.
  • I got my hair cut for the first time in over a year this week. It feels so good to look in the mirror and not cringe at what my hair was looking like. I actually wore it down yesterday for the first time in months. 
  • The three horses continue to enjoy being all together. Yesterday was very rainy, so they were stuck in their stalls and run-outs all day. When I turned them out this morning, they happily galloped around both pastures the entire time I was doing stalls. Here is a picture of them all together.


  • D. has decided which university he will be attending. Now he is on the hunt for scholarships to lower his loan amount a bit.
  • It's a good thing I over plant seedlings because when you don't water them, they tend to die. It's been so crazy around here that the seedlings have been ignored. (I really, really need to get them in bigger containers.) I have managed to save most of them so all is not lost. 
  • We have started the last titration on R.'s medicine. We had one bad moment last week, so all in all it hasn't been too horrible. We'll see what this last dose does. It takes a few days to see what the effects are going to be.
  • J. is working on moving his work space out into what was W.'s shed. It is a work in progress and he needs a more comfortable place to sit, but it is also good to have some separation between bedroom and work. 
  • B. and I have plans to plant wisteria outside the shed. He and I have been trying to grow wisteria for years. At the Big Ugly House, we had finally nurtured our little plant so that it was just about to be able to start blooming just in time for us to move. Then we can call it Wisteria Cottage instead of the the shed.
  • Next weekend is our big Greek feast where everyone will perform the play they have been working on. This means pretty soon, we need to paint the masks. They're probably dry now, don't you think? L. has been the driving force behind the play. I wasn't going to make them memorize their lines, but L. has been hounding them and forcing everyone to memorize them. The other morning I came downstairs to find G. and L. running lines together. I was informed by G. that L. has forced her to.
  • I rode Java earlier this week. For various reasons she had been off work for nearly nine months, but she is now sound and happy, so I was thrilled to be able to start riding her again.

And with that, I'm going to call it a night, since I find myself dozing off at the keyboard. Have a good weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach