Meal Planning - Jan. 11 - 17, 2021

My schedule changed for this semester, so my grocery shopping trip has moved from Tuesday to Monday. The good news is that I was able to go to the store myself today and didn't need to send children. It is definitely a step in the right direction.

Monday, Jan. 11

Chicken gyros
     We've made this for years. It's easy and yummy. We serve it with chopped tomatoes and cucumbers as well as a yogurt sauce with garlic, dill, and lemon juice.
Pita
Rice

Tuesday, Jan. 12

Tacos
     A stand-by we haven't had in a while
Refried beans
     From scratch

Wednesday, Jan. 13

French onion soup
     What do you make when you have an entire wheel of Swiss cheese leftover from Christmas and you own The Art of French Cooking? French onion soup! I'm excited since it is one of my favorite soups. There will probably be complaints from my non-onion loving children. (You would think they would love them by now considering I put onions in nearly everything.)
Salad

Thursday, Jan. 14

Green chicken curry
     A common entry on the meal planning calendar
Fresh noodles
     TM found a new Asian market we didn't know about, so we went together this past weekend and did a stock-up trip. I was happy to score four packages of fresh Hong Kong noodles.
Steamed buns
     TM had bought a bunch on his first trip to the new Asian market. We hadn't had the rest because one of our bamboo steamer trays finally fell apart. I bought more trays on our trip so we can now prepare the rest.

Friday, Jan. 15

Sloppy Joes
     I realized last week that by Friday, I have no energy for cooking. In fact, if we had the budget for it, it would probably be a take-out day. Since we've never had the budget for weekly take-out, I am going to try to plan simple foods for this evening. And I actually love sloppy joes.
Fried okra
     I still have some frozen in the freezer from the garden.

Saturday, Jan. 16

Lemon spaghetti
     Because it is good and easy
Garlic bread

Sunday, Jan. 17

     I realized I had all of the ingredients on hand. It is not actually that much work, I just need to start early enough because the pizza dough needs to rise a bit.
Salad

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach