Home again

 We've made it home. Internet is always tricky up there, which explains the lack of post yesterday. It was a lovely restful vacation. We played games, some people swam, R. dug holes on the beach which she very much was looking forward to, and many books were read. Personally, I finished four books over the weekend. Three I had already started, but one I read start to finish. My brain is full. Brace yourselves; there may be quite a few book related posts over the next few days as I think my way through it all. 

We also took a hike yesterday at a nearby hiking area that we had never been too. It was beautiful... and the perfect weather and lack of bugs didn't hurt, either. We all had kind of wished we had come prepared to take the much longer loops.






On our way home today, we stopped by an orchard and picked up two bushels of apples, a 1/2 bushel of pears, and several pie pumpkins. Guess what I'll be doing in my free time over the next week or so. Since we only ended up with four quarts of apple sauce last year, my goal is to have quite a bit more than that put away this year. Some apples ready for pies wouldn't be a bad idea, either. The pears I plan on canning in slices. 

Tomorrow we're back to our regular routine. I think we are organized enough from our trip to manage that, but I really wish I could always schedule in a full day on either end of a trip just for organizational purposes!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Kenzie on the beach

Apple picking in the rain