Friday bullets, October 18, 2019

I'm not sure I'll have a lot to say this week, since I seem to have spent the majority of the week doing laundry. It's all caught up now... well, as caught up as it ever is. Let's say it is in a far more manageable state than it was at the beginning of the week.

  • Well, that was true until about three hours ago when we discovered that R. had overflowed the toilet upstairs which led to all sorts of towels being used to clean it up. And the water started to come down through the dining room ceiling as well. Fun times, people. 
  • And to make it even more fun, there seems to be some other water pipe drainage issues that J. will go down to the crawl space to investigate once he returns from the hardware store. I will admit to this all giving me a very unpleasant feeling in the pit of my stomach, mainly because I'm afraid it will turn into a very unpleasant feeling in my checkbook.
  • R. is now only allowed to use the bathroom with an adult to supervise. Which is going to be a great big pain, but better than dealing with constant plumbing issues which is what was happening.
  • Both G. and L. have learned to do stockinette stitch in their knitting this week.
  • I am enjoying the new Inspector Gamache book, and am now about 1/5 of the way through it even though I began it last night.
  • I wanted to show you TM's latest art project that he did for his art class.

Sorry about the picture quality. (My phone was running out of battery and wouldn't let me use the flash. That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it.) This is mixed media on canvas and is about 12x12. There in the upper right hand corner is torn music with words from a couple different praise songs. TM has said I can have it. Now I just need to figure out where to hang it.
  • At an estate sale today I scored a four slot toaster. Can you believe that up until this day we have never had more than a two slot toaster? Oh, the joy which will be experienced with a shorter line for toasting!
And with that last fascinating bit of news, I think I am tapped out and need to go to bed. Or go to bed and read my book for a bit. Who gets into bed and just goes to sleep?

Comments

Amy said…
I just had to comment that we had the overflowing toilet issue with my daughter who was 10 at the time. She has intellectual disability and autism. Anyway, the toilet water leaked down to the kitchen below and ran out through the light fixtures and splashed all over my kitchen counters, cabinets, and stove. I have never cleaned my kitchen with so much bleach before and so many times. The water also flooded her brother's prosthetic legs which were laying on the bathroom floor. You just can't make this stuff up. A bit of sympathy and solidarity from another adoptive Mom of kids with special needs.

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Kenzie on the beach

Apple picking in the rain