Seedlings

I'm at the point in my seed starting for the garden where I'm starting to think the seedlings are taking more time than the children throughout the day. Part of this is my fault. Last year, after the seedlings had sprouted, when I had more than one in a cell, I did what I was told and pinched off the seedlings that seemed the smallest. This kind of killed me since it felt more than a little miraculous that they had sprouted. Then I read that some people will gently tease apart the roots of these little seedlings and put each of them into their own pot. This felt much better to me. I feel more than a little attached to my teeny tiny plants.

What was neglected in all of this was how time consuming teasing apart the roots and replanting the teeny tiny plants is. I'm happy to report that so far the plants I've separated and repotted are doing well. Of course, this whole separating-thing complicates things beyond how much time it takes. What am I going to do with all these plants? I have a big garden, but it is not big enough for 20 cabbage plants, and I certainly do not need 9 tomatillos. Do you know how prolific those things are? That's a lot of salsa. And in the meantime, I'm really not sure where I am going to be putting all these little plants until they can go outside.

Do you notice a pattern here? Teeny tiny growing things in my house that take up time and space and can't go outside? At least the seedlings don't smell like the ducks.
__________
As a complete aside, TM is raising money to go on a mission trip with our church's youth group to Ecuador this June. If you feel so inclined to donate, go to this link. Thank you. https://app.managedmissions.com/mytrip/minhcurry2

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach