January table runner

I loved my quilting class on Saturday. I have all the strips cut and sorted, and just need to sew them together for next Saturday. It's playing with the color that I love the most. I also enjoyed being with a group of people all making something. It was so interesting to me to see which palettes and fabrics each woman chose. I find it endlessly fascinating to see what appeals to people. We start putting all the bits together into a bigger quilt by laying it all out. I'm looking forward to that.

While I don't have something I can really show you in the quilt department, I can show you something else I've been working on that I finished on Saturday. Having discovered how well table runners work on the square dining room table, I've made a goal of making a new table runner for each month. These will nicely take the place of all of the tablecloths I have, and which I used to mark the change of seasons. I also realize that this goal seems a little at odds with the goal I shared the other day of not starting something new until I've cleaned out the backlog of previously started projects. Oh well.

Here is the table runner I made for January.




I don't know about you, but by January, I'm kind of tired of the colors red and green; I need something else, and blue fits the bill nicely. The center is a piece of blue felt I picked up on a 70% off sale which I then embroidered with three different snowflake designs. (Also bought on sale.) Because I didn't have anything in my stash which matched, I did need to buy a couple of yards of new fabric for the backing. I love how it matches the candlesticks. Candlesticks which I got in a white elephant gift exchange a few years ago, I might add.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach