Thanksgiving table runner

I finished the casual Thanksgiving table runner. I'm sort of happy with it. I need to experiment some more with stabilizers because I don't like how bubbly the fabric is around the embroideries. It's a learning process.

Don't let the picture fool you. The leaves are separate. I made most of those years ago.


I found this guy last year on a 70% off sale.


The edges (though you can't see them because of the leaves) all have embroidery trim.

I found the little squirrel at the same sale.

From the other side.

I even got out matching napkins.

Everyone has a specific napkin ring, so we can keep the napkins separate. This way we can reuse cloth napkins without getting them mixed up. I totally stole this idea from J.'s aunt.

And now the answer to my quiz on Saturday. The total for that cart full of groceries was $226. What I should have told you is that I'm a little compulsive about how the groceries go in the cart in the first place. It's the only way I can get as many groceries as I need in one cart. I even had a woman stop me in the store the other day and comment on how extremely organized my cart was. So, when you see a full cart, it is really full. As in there is no extra space anywhere underneath the top layer full. Thanks for playing!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Kenzie on the beach

Apple picking in the rain