Beginnings

Want to see what I got yesterday?


I started yesterday as a volunteer for a local therapeutic riding program. It's something I've always been interested in, and this is the first time that I have had the time, and a place close enough to do anything with it.

Even though I was just shadowing the real volunteers, it was fascinating. I really loved every minute of it. What's better than something that combines several of my personal passions? Eventually, I would love to be able to enroll in a program to become a certified equine therapist. There is one local to us, but they are unsure when the next cohort will begin. In the meantime, I'll wait and volunteer, and learn what I can that way.

I've been thinking about this a lot. My youngests are now nine, and though we have nine more years until they finish high school, it is easy to see the writing on the wall, that at some point most of the children will all be mostly grown and responsible for themselves. I'm not actually sad about that, I realize. Instead, I see it as a chance to have some freedom to do things I haven't had a chance to do before. (And if you know me at all, you know I love learning to do new things.) It's always better to see things as new beginnings isn't it? I'm kind of excited about it all.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach