Ultrasound update

I know, I know, two posts from me in one day is completely unheard of, but I think I have some good news to share. First the babies are doing well. They have each gained 11 more ounces putting both of them at 4 lbs. 11 oz. They have also completely switched positions. We know we were looking at the correct babies because baby B. still has dilated kidneys. I just don't know how they managed to do it.

About the previa...technically what I have isn't placenta previa, but the type of previa where the veins which attach to the placenta cover the cervix. Unlike placenta previa, this type is much less likely to resolve. So you can imagine the ultrasound tech's surprise (and my midwife's...she stopped in to see how things were going) when it appears the veins have moved slightly. Instead of completely covering the cervix (which they were doing two weeks ago), they have moved up to the right a bit. They are still very close, but I'm going to take this as something positive. I meet with the OB on Monday, and I'm sure we'll discuss what my options are. So please keep praying; I would love to avoid a c-section if I can. At dinner tonight, M. declared it a God-thing and I'm inclined to agree with her.

Comments

Stevens Family said…
Glad to hear things are looking better with the previa. I'm sure you're getting anxious to have your babies. Wishing you continued health into your final weeks of pregnancy.

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach